For growing companies who may benefit from insight and additional financial control offered by a Finance Director, but perhaps may not need one full-time, we offer a Virtual FInance Director (FD) service.
Virtual FD is a part-time finance director, who works on their own premises, but is also able to provide face-to-face support when required. Some of the services typically provided by a virtual FD include:
- Production of monthly/quarterly management accounts with a detailed commentary, outlining strengths, weaknesses and opportunities;
- Acting as your business advisor and working with you to define your business strategy;
- Designing a financial strategy which will support your business strategy;
- Working with you to design a set of forward-looking indicators;
- Helping you understand and manage your ‘business numbers’;
- Working up the costs and benefits of a new business idea or a new project;
- Keeping an eye on your cash flow and advising when and how this needs to be improved;
- Preparing reports and attend your Board meetings;
- Attending your management team meetings, either in person or virtually via Skype;
- Representing your business at meetings with a bank.
Using cloud-based Xero software, your virtual FD will keep an eye on your transactions, solving problems as soon as they occur. If you are doing your own book-keeping, your staff will have instant access to your FD should any questions arise. At the end of month or end of year, you can be sure you have quality data in your accounting software, which should save both time and money when it comes to year-end compliance.
Best of all, as our expertise lies in the area of efficiency, our virtual FD will always look for opportunities to make your business more efficient.
A virtual FD will focus firmly on looking forward towards fulfilment of your business strategy, rather than focus on retrospective reporting which adds little value.
You can rest assured that you virtual FD is a qualified management accountant, who will combine accounting knowledge with business acumen.
Interested? Drop us an e-mail or ring 0116 298 3182.